The SPT-2000A chassis is designed for ease of transport, with a removable carrying handle and a loaded weight of 25 pounds. The SPT-2000A holds up to two modules that can support up to 24 Dual Media Ethernet ports, four 10GbE ports, two Uniphy ports or WAN ports, or a mixture of these port types. The SPT-2000A-HS has higher powered fans, is suitable for use in the lab and supports up to 4 UniPHY or WAN ports as well as all other port types. The SPT-2000A supports large form factor modules natively and small form factor modules using the ACC-2090B carrier card.
- Hot swappable modules
- High-speed backplane for parallel downloads
- Multiple users per test module for greater efficiency of resources
- 19-inch rack-mountable
The Spirent TestCenter 10GbE HyperMetrics test module introduces a new paradigm in network testing. The HyperMetrics architecture uses leading-edge multi-core processing, allocating CPU resources on demand, to create enhanced realism with the scalability and performance required to test tomorrow’s networks. This architecture sustains test equipment value by providing the coverage of three test modules in one.
The HyperMetrics 2- and 8-port 10GbE test modules combine Spirent TestCenter’s network emulation and application traffic with its industry-leading Layer 2-3 traffic generation and analysis. These modules deliver the highest performance per dollar Layer 2-7 test solution available, ideal for functional, performance and conformance testing of service provider and enterprise networks. Reduced power consumption and the ability to use a single module throughout the test lifecycle results in lower purchasing and operational expenses.
- Enterprise Switches: Validate forwarding performance and functional capabilities of large, next-generation enterprise campus and data center switches with ultralow latency, high port density and FCoE capabilities
- Device Benchmarking: Test using IETF RFC 2544, RFC 2889 and RFC 3918 methodologies with easy test setup using dynamically bound traffic and automated wizards
- Carrier Ethernet: Verify services whether delivered via VPLS, Layer 2 Pseudowires, bridged Ethernet, packet transport protocols or combinations of these technologies
- Service Provider Routers: Verify Layer 3, multicast and video services delivered via BGP/MPLS VPN, multicast routing or mVPN
- Subscriber Emulation: Emulate thousands of access subscribers using different services across multiple ports under normal or exceptional traffic conditions
- Low port-scale testing: Perform functional, conformance and performance testing at lower port counts using the value priced 2-port 10GbE test module