This item is Ixia Xcellon-Lava AP40/100GE2RP Dual-Speed 40/100GE 2-port Ethernet Module
The Xcellon-Lava AP40/100GE2RP Xcellon-Lava AP40GbE and 100GbE 40/100-Gigabit Ethernet test modules are Ixia’s ultra-high performance and scale Higher Speed Ethernet (HSE) products. AP40/100GE2RP incorporate the advantages of the Xcellon multicore processor architecture and provide mid-range 40GbE and 100GbE CFP, QSFP28, QSFP+ and CXP port density. XcellonLava is a layer 1-7 measurement and analysis test solution that is supported by Ixia’s leading test applications, IxNetwork, IxNetwork AppLibrary, and IxLoad.
Xcellon-Lava AP40/100GE2RP Dual-Speed 40/100GE 2-port Ethernet Module is essential for testing highdensity data center 40GbE and 100GbE network equipment for large enterprises, service providers, and carrier-class networks. Xcellon-Lava load Dual-Speed 40/100GE 2-port Ethernet Module is compatible with Ixia’s 12-slot rackmount and 2-slot chassis, and a broad set of Ethernet interfaces, allowing real-world, layer 1-7 test and measurement in a single chassis
Since early in 2009, when Ixia released the world’s first 100GE CFP test port, much of the test challenges involved the development new electronics hardware, ASIC development, hardware/firmware integration, and new optical/copper transceivers and interconnect cables. Interoperability of network equipment quickly followed in 2010 and 2011, proving that the majority of HSE system vendor equipment worked well together and were ready for deployment. Xcellon-Lava continues to serve these types of applications very well.
HSE has moved into areas of the data center where the increased bandwidth of 100GbE interfaces is used to provide backhaul services for fixed and mobile networks that support many different subscriber services, each with large numbers of subscribers. Xcellon-Lava is designed to test the data plane, protocol and scale performance, and the quality of service on 100GbE links carrying extreme amounts of traffic with large numbers of protocol interfaces and subscribers per port.
- Industry’s highest L2/3 protocol emulation scale and performance testing using multicore processors for 40GbE and 100GbE
- Comprehensive L1-7 testing with integrated data plane and control plane traffic generation and analysis
- Per-port reservation for native CFP ports and for the 40GbE or 100GbE ports provided by the CFP-toQSFP28, CFP-to-QSFP+, and CFPto-CXP interface adapters
- Generates, captures, and analyzes full line-rate 40GE and 100GbE traffic
- Tracks and analyzes up to 1 million receive flows per port
- High resolution, 2.5ns packets timestamps for 40GbE and 100GbE operation
- • Industry performance benchmark tests RFC2544, RFC2889, and RFC3918