Spirent TestCenter CV-10G-S8 HyperMetrics 8-PORT 10 Gigabit Ethernet test module introduces a new paradigm in network testing.
The Spirent TestCenter CV-10G-S8 HyperMetrics 8-PORT 10 Gigabit Ethernet architecture uses leading-edge multi-core processing, allocating CPU resources on demand, to create enhanced realism with the scalability and performance required to test tomorrow’s networks. This architecture sustains test equipment value by providing the coverage of three test modules in one.
CV-10G-S8 is HyperMetrics 2- and 8-port 10GbE test modules combine Spirent TestCenter’s network emulation and application traffic with its industry-leading Layer 2-3 traffic generation and analysis.
CV-10G-S8 delivers the highest performance per dollar Layer 2-7 test solution available, ideal for functional, performance and conformance testing of service provider and enterprise networks. HyperMetrics 8-PORT 10 Gigabit Ethernet reduced power consumption and the ability to use a single module throughout the test lifecycle results in lower purchasing and operational expenses.
- Enterprise Switches: Validate forwarding performance and functional capabilities of large, next-generation enterprise campus and data center switches with ultralow latency, high port density and FCoE capabilities
- Device Benchmarking: Test using IETF RFC 2544, RFC 2889 and RFC 3918 methodologies with easy test setup using dynamically bound traffic and automated wizards
- Carrier Ethernet: Verify services whether delivered via VPLS, Layer 2 Pseudowires, bridged Ethernet, packet transport protocols or combinations of these technologies
- Service Provider Routers: Verify Layer 3, multicast and video services delivered via BGP/MPLS VPN, multicast routing or mVPN
- Subscriber Emulation: Emulate thousands of access subscribers using different services across multiple ports under normal or exceptional traffic conditions
- Low port-scale testing: Perform functional, conformance and performance testing at lower port counts using the value priced 2-port 10GbE test module
Traditional test module design fixes CPU resources to specific ports. These 1-dimensional architectures necessitate three hardware designs to achieve the usage goals of high port scalability, virtual network emulation and high-capacity application traffic. HyperMetrics’ architecture relegates these design limitations to the past.