Spirent SmartBits GX-1420B 1-pt Copper Gigabit Module offers Full Duplex Gigabit and 100 Mbps Ethernet testing capabilities over copper wire.
The Spirent SmartBits GX-1420B 1-pt Copper Gigabit Module also supports IP checksum generation and analysis, ARPing, PINGing, and VLAN tagging.
1-pt Copper Gigabit Module is compliant with the 802.3ab specification. The single-port GX-1420B SmartCard supports wire-rate traffic generation, analysis, and capture. The physical interface is an RJ-45 interface that provides for connections of up to 100 meters, using CAT 5 cable.
The GX-1420B is ideally suited for large-scale performance analysis of switches and routers based on industry standard RFCs. The card can also be used for customized testing scenarios using various SmartBits® software applications. The GX-1420B can be installed in either an SMB-200 or SMB-2000 chassis.
- Supports both 100 Mbps and 1,000 Mbps with autonegotiation.
- GX-1420B Wire-rate traffic generation with IP checksum.
- GX-1420B Wire-rate traffic analysis and capture with IP checksum error detection.
- CRC error generation capability.
- IP checksum error generation capability.
- Generates millions of IP Flows in hardware.
- Generates oversized and undersized frames (20-2,048 bytes).
- ARP reply analysis.
- Ping generation.
- VLAN Tag generation.
NOTE: No software of any kind (external or internal) is provided with the Hardware. Please contact Spirent to obtain software license rights and maintenance support.