NetApp FAS3040 Filer Head is the new midrange model in the FAS3000 series featuring a 64-bit controller architecture and up to 126TB of storage, making it ideal for small- to mid-sized datacentre, departmental and business applications.
As part of the unified NetApp architecture, NetApp FAS3040 Filer Head support file services, FC SAN, IP SAN, and multiple network configurations, while offering scalability to higher performance systems with seamless, painless upgrades without requiring the “forklift” data migration needed by most other offerings currently on the market.
Additionally, the FAS3040 fully extends the value of the FlexVol capabilities built into Data ONTAP 7G by increasing disk performance even for small data volumes.
FlexVol technology can reduce storage management costs and increase customers’ storage utilization by up to 50%, and when combined with the new SATA storage option, primary storage costs can be reduced by more than half.
- Max raw capacity: 336TB
- Max disk drives: 336
- 8GB ECC cache memory
- Max fibre channel ports: 32
- Max ethernet ports: 32
- Protocols: FCP, iSCS, NFS, CIFS
- Redundant hot-swappable controllers, cooling fans, power supplies, optics, and RJ-45 ports
- Full-duplex 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet onboard console, diagnostic LED/LCD, Remote LAN Management (RLM) Card, SNMP, telnet, SSH, HTTP, SSL
- 64-bit controller architecture