The Spirent Smartbits XFP-3731A TeraMetrics 10 Gigabit Ethernet XFP MSA Module is SmartMetrics and TeraMetrics 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) XFP-MSA-based test modules used to measure the performance and test the interoperability of networking devices. Spirent Smartbits XFP-3731A TeraMetrics 10 Gigabit Ethernet XFP MSA Module modules feature a dedicated Pentium processor that provides integrated and highly scalable control and date plane performance testing. TeraMetrics enables you to test applications from Layer 2 to 7. Spirent Smartbits XFP-3731A TeraMetrics 10 Gigabit Ethernet XFP MSA Module provides a complete suite of Layer 2 and Layer 3 test capabilities at a lower cost per port than the TeraMetrics version. Each module complies with the IEEE 802.3ae standard specification.
- Stream-based, wire-rate traffic generation at all frame sizes
- Supports frame sizes of 48 to 16,384 bytes
- Supports up to 2048 independent IPv4 or IPv6 streams
- Varies multiple address fields per stream to create millions of unique address flows
- Supports random IFG generation
- Arbitrary stream sequencing enables the mixing of various frame rates
- Supports 802.1p, 802.1q, and 802.3ac VLAN tagged frames
- Supports 802.3x flow control commands and PAUSE frames
- Transmission modes: continuous, single-burst, multiburst, continuous multi-burst
- Allows mask-based address skipping for easy test setup
- Tracks and analyzes up to 32,767 unique streams in histograms
- Real-time analysis of TOS, DiffServ, and traffic class values, giving rates and events per traffic classification
NOTE: No software of any kind (external or internal) is provided with the Hardware. Please contact Spirent to obtain software license rights and maintenance support.